Tiffany T. Farmakis-Day
Tif Does Art
A position that will utilize my creativity, people skills, organizational abilities and innovative knowledge.
Demonstrated Experience Including:
• Highly motivated, efficient and energetic with the capacity to handle numerous tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledgeable and creative, have worked in a variety of media both traditional and digital.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Dedication, outstanding work ethic and willingness to undergo training to become an effective contributor.
• Use of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver, In-Design, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Acrobat.
Sales Associate/ Artist of the Month Coordinator/ Website Design/Social Media / Art Instructor:
Exeter Fine Crafts: Exeter, N.H
December 2010- Present
• Responsible for maintaining store/register, answering phones and providing great customer service.
Artist of the Month Coordinator
• Responsible for organizing and promoting all Artist of the Month events, this includes managing event/reception times, gathering Artist Information and Writing Monthly Press Release
Website Design/Social Media
• Redesigned and maintain the organization's website. Maintain all socia media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest. I am also responsible for uploading and maintaining all the online class registrations and online store.
• Teach multiple fine art and fine craft classes from ages 5-adult.
Lindt Chocolate: Londonderry, N.H
March 2010- June 2011
• Responsible for maintaining store, answering phones, contributing to the store's daily/weekly sales plan and providing superior customer service for a pleasant shopping experience.
Gallery and Illustration Assistant/Digital Lab Monitor:
New Hampshire Institute of Art: Manchester, N.H
January 2008- May 2010
Illustration Assistant/Digital Lab Monitor
• Assisted Illustration Head with various department needs including classroom organization, hanging student artwork and editing event newsletters.
• Responsible for maintaining digital labs and assisting students with various technical problems.
• Recognized for my department knowledge, friendly demeanor and willingness to go above and beyond to assist both students and faculty.
• Assisted Gallery Head in organizing/promoting shows, hanging artwork, hosting openings and maintaining gallery appearance by acting as an impromptu handyman.
• Worked with a team of individuals to turn a once defunct student run gallery into a successful venue for students, faculty and visiting artists.
Front-line Coordinating Manager/ Cash Office Associate:
T.J. Maxx: Londonderry, N.H.; Canoga Park, CA; Granada Hills, CA
August 1998- August 2007
Frontline Coordinating Manager
• Recognized store-wide for my efficiency and general store knowledge. Working at different locations also allowed me to get more familiar with the varying merchandise and diverse cliental.
• Responsible for training new associates and introducing them to the store, this included register training, merchandise training and processing training.
• Maintaining Front Lines: Answering phones, Taking care of Customer/Associate complaints, Updating Register Programs and completing daily schedule.
Cash Office Associate
• Reviewing Daily Cash Deposits by Generating and Updating Credit Card, Cash, Merchandise Credit, Gift Certificate and Check Reports. Worked with help-desk on any register/ system issues.
• Replenish Register Bags for use the next day.
Design Editor / News Editor/ Editorial Cartoonist:
Los Angeles Valley College, Los Angeles Valley Star, Valley Glen, CA
January 2002- May 2005
Recognized statewide for my writing achievements in News, Feature and Opinion writing.
• Was responsible for the overall paper design/layout. Worked with both writers and photographers to discuss future issues and suggest layout improvements.
• Recognized statewide for achievements in paper design, winning the coveted JACC Pace Setter Award in 2004 and 2005.
• Worked with reporters by assigning stories/helping writers with issues pertaining to their assignments.
• Responsible for designing news section page layouts.
• Responsible for the weekly editorial cartoons by working closely with the Opinion Editor.
• Recognized statewide for my achievements in Editorial Cartoon, taking home many awards, including first place at the 2005 mail-in JACC competition.
New Hampshire Institute of Art, Manchester, NH
Bachelor's Degree in Illustration, May 2010
Full Academic Achievements - Summa Cum Laude - Deans List 2008, 2009, 2010
Los Angeles Valley College, Valley Glen, CA
Associate's degree in Journalism, May 2005
Full Academic Achievements - 2003, 2004, 2005
Londonderry High School, Londonderry, NH
High School Diploma, 1999
National Honor Society | Art Academic Award | Art Club Service | Donuhue Art Scholarship